RedCat Racing Everest 10 with 15T ARRMA brushed motor




If you are familiar with the RedCat Racing Everest 10....it is a great entry level crawler with a strong chassis and high articulation solid axle suspension. It is extremely slow though....and while I cannot recommend this for long lasting durability....I replaced the slow stock motor with an ARRMA 15 Turn brushed "Mega" motor I purchased at my local HobbyTown for $17.99.


Now the Everest 10 goes about 2 to 3 times FASTER than stock. Which means it actually runs faster than you can walk! Now I beat on mine pretty good at my local construction site and had absolutely no issues. The motor does not get hot, the ESC stayed cool and I didn't break any of the axles. It is WAY MORE FUN NOW!

Installation was a breeze, as the motor even had color coded wires with the same bullet connectors attached. Simply change out motor, transfer pinion gear, and good to go. I used my 7.4V 2S 4000mah Lipo for power. Check the video below
 ( I did my best as a driver and videographer using my iphone ).




As a note, I promised to my readers I would keep this truck stock, but it is just to slow in stock form, and I really wanted to use it more as a solid axle monster truck than crawler anyway....





Comments

  1. Very cool! Found this while looking for any Everest 10's being run as a monster truck. I've had mine since last Christmas, and had plans to make it a stronger, recreational crawler, but with the Halloween season approaching, I'm changing the plan to set it up as an MT, with a Traxxas Skully body. I'm going to put Axial planetary gears in the diffs, so it can handle a little more speed, and power it with brushless. I also have some Pro-Line Destroyer 2.2's with Axial Monster Truck 2.2 rims (green), so it should be kinda fun for the season. Afterwards, I'll probably go back to the crawler setup. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment