Tamiya #58630 Plasma Edge II TT02B buggy ordered!

I was looking for a new project and something to review. The Tamiya Plasma Edge II #58630 1/10th RC buggy sparked my interest as a relatively new iteration of the TT02 chassis....this being the "B" or buggy version. What is nice is the 25 turn Tamiya Torque Tuned 540 motor , ESC, and CVA oil filled shocks come standard! All I needed to complete were ball bearings and a steering servo. I will use one of my RedCat Racing radio systems and I have a Lipo that will drop in place.

The cheap price and a Tower Super Saver club coupon pushed me to order:
I ordered my tried and true Futaba S3004 servo (always my go to for Tamiya duty) and also a really cheap "WinKing" servo as a possible alternative provided Tamiya's servo saver inserts will mate. On a side note, I actually prefer Hitec servos, but my last two Tamiya kits did not offer a servo saver insert for Hitec! 


I plan a full review with pics of the build process and any insights I can share. It will be fun as I have not built a Tamiya kit in a while! Stay tuned my friends.
 

Comments