Tamiya Plasma Edge II running video

Here is a short video of the Tamiya Plasma Edge II 4wd TT02B 1/10th RC buggy in action. I was at a building site, loose gravel and sand...






Totally stock except for ball bearings, with Tamiya Torque Tuned 540 brushed motor, stock pinion gear, included ESC funneling the power from a brand new Duratrax 1800 mah 6 cell Nicad the buggy reaches about 18 mph. A Lipo might push it to 20mph. Possible brushless motor install for a future installment.

I am totally impressed with the suspension and handling out of the box assembled kit settings. I feel the drive train, despite a fair number of plastic pieces, would hold up to at least a mild brushless motor install on 2S Lipo power. I might experiment with a Tamiya Sport Tuned black motor next, just to see if there is any difference between the kit included Torque Tuned motor. The RC Gear WinKing steering servo I installed has worked great, with strong and fast response, and at only $5.99, a bargain! It uses the same servo saver insert as the Futaba, so I may buy more of these servos from Tower for future Tamiya kit projects and reviews. 


Comments