Tamiya History report: #58301 TL-01B Baja King

I was reminiscing with a fellow You-tuber regarding his recent purchase of a TL-01 4WD Tamiya chassis off Ebay, set up for rally car use. It made me remember my TL-01B Baja King buggy. Basically the same chassis with buggy arms and tires, it was quite the battle horse.


With 4WD and some chunky gears in the gear box it was sorta noisy but so durable. I remember how much fun it was to run in the dirt. Not necessarily a speed demon with the stock Mabuchi 540, but with a Trinity 13t motor installed it was way to fast for the chassis. I painted mine in the Tamiya factory color scheme and had all the stickers applied, it looked really nice.



I recall upgrading to oil filled shocks and I had the forethought to install bearings while building it, as to get to the gear boxes required total disassembly.


 

Comments