RJ Speed Sportsman Nicad powered Old Skool Split Window Corvette

RJ Speed Sportsman chassis on workbench, Every part a donation from something in my RC collection

View shows Team CRC rubber tires as well as Mabuchi 540 Torque Tuned Motor and ESC (both plucked from my TT02B Plasma II Tamiya Buggy.)

Wired in Deans T plugs on both ESC and Battery and direct wired motor. Less weight and less voltage loss through wiring. A RedCat receiver and Futaba S3003 steering servo handle control.

I have been busy working to organize and consolidate my RC car collection, various odd parts, and more and more RedCat Parts and RC car Wheels and Tires. In any case, I am hardly complaining....it is fun to dust some things off and see what we can make of some odd parts.

I have been running the RJ Speed Sportsman cars for a while now. It is the most basic of chassis one can find, solid rear axle with a ball diff, and basic wheelbase and width to fit a variety of 200mm sized touring car bodies.

For this project, I had a donor power system from my Tamiya TT02B buggy which consists of a Tamiya ESC and Tamiya Torque Tuned Mabuchi 540 brushed motor. I also decided to use old school battery technology and picked up a $12 1800mah Duratrax NICAD stick battery pack. If you are familiar with my blog you may have seen the Bolink 63 Corvette body in previous articles. It is available from RCCarKings.com currently for $24.99.



RJ Speed Sportsman with Team CRC Rubber Tires. Body is "New Old Stock" Bolink 63 Split Window Corvette

side view RJ Speed Sportsman with Bolink 63 Corvette body, Team CRC Rubber Tires

Rear View RJ Speed Sportsman with 63 Corvette Split Window body.


Front, side view of RJ Speed Sportsman with Corvette body. Body holding up well despite numerous high speed crashes!

Body and Tires scream Speed and the RJ Speed Sportsman chassis while crude, is amazing fun and rewarding to drive


Comments